Public comment meeting to discuss the Draft Environmental Assessment for the title transfer of Admirals Row will be hosted by The Army National Guard at Brooklyn Borough Hall, patient 209 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, NY 11209, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 from 5 â€“ 8 pm.
Public can view the Draft Enviromental Assessment from April 24 â€“ May 10, 2011:
- at the following Brooklyn Library locations; Walt Whitman Branch at 93 Saint Edwards St., Brooklyn, New York 11205 ((718) 935- 0244); Central Library at 10 Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11238; ((718) 230-2100); Business Library at 280 Cadman Plaza W. at Tillary St., Brooklyn, NY 11201; Â ((718) 623-7000).
- Online at:Â http://www.nan.usace.army.mil/business/buslinks/admiral/index.php
- A hard copy can be obtained from Major Harper (703) 607-7984
- A hard copy can be seen at Brooklynâ€™s Other Museum of Brooklyn.
Public can provide comments from 24 April 2011 until 11:59 pm, 10 May 2011.
- At the Public Meeting (see above)
- By email;Â firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Major Harper (ARNG-ILE), 111 South George Mason Drive, Arlington, Virginia 22204
Comments should include:
- Landmark the entire Admirals Row
- The E.A. (Environmental Assessment) should be replaced by an E.I.S. (Environmental Impact Assessment) which is more exacting
Public notice was published in Brooklyn/ A Special Section of Brooklyn Eagle, Brooklyn Heights Press and Bay Ridge Eagle, Thursday, April 21, 2011, page 7.
Brooklynâ€™s Other Museum of Brooklyn is dedicated to the Landmarking of Admirals Row, open 7 â€“ 9 pm. Every Tuesday night. 109 Hall Street, Brooklyn, NY 11205; (718 789 5218)
** The Admirals Row National Environmental Policy Act Environmental Assessment is the wimpy version that will rubber stamp the National Historic Preservation Act 106 Process findings which were compromised also using an environmental assessment which will guarantee the demolition of Admirals Row.Â The Environmental Impact Statement will allow Admirals Row to be reviewed anew, with possible landmarking.