Scott Witter Op-Ed in Fort Greene/Clinton Hill Patch
On March 14 2011 the Fort Greene/Clinton Hill Patch hyperlocal news website featured an Op-Ed Landmark All of Admirals Row! from Brooklyn’s Other Museum of Brooklyn Curator Scott Witter.
Patch’s correspondents had already noted on March 3 in a story – Pols Plead With National Guard to Save Part of Admiral’s Row – that Sens. Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand and Reps. Nydia Velazquez and Ed Towns pleas for immediate action to take action to prevent further deterioration are being stonewalled by the National Guard.
Scott’s Op-Ed places the blame squarely on Mayor Bloomberg. Scott says that if Bloomberg had landmarked the site five years ago – as he should have – the site would now be sold and developed. Instead the National Guard is happy to delay the process until they can declare the buildings beyond repair. A slow motion tragedy taking place before our own eyes – robbing the Brooklyn and the Nation of its rightful heritage!
- Admirals Row Longevity Party and Brownie BakeOff – Sat Jun 16 / Sun Jun 17 2012
- PETITION: Landmark Admirals Row!
- Nov 22 2011 Scott Witter letter to NYC City Council
- Admirals Row ULURP Vote + Scott Witter Protest – July 25 2011
- Admirals Row Draft Environmental Assessment meeting – May 4 2011
- NPR: On Historic Admirals Row, Fear That the End Is Near
- Admirals Row Longevity Party and Brownie BakeOff – Sat Feb 12 / Sun Feb 13 2011
- Vote Scott Witter for the Brooklyn Do Gooder Award!
- Landmark Admiral’s Row!
- ADMIRAL’S ROW LONGEVITY PARTY!